Here's what we've got for the launch:
A gob-smackingly huge and blush-makingly wonderful full-page New York Times ad running on page A13. Also, ads in the Wall Street Journal, the New Yorker, the Atlantic, Wired, Variety and email blasts from Amazon, Typepad and Wired.
A load of press, including:
- Newsweek: Will the "Tail" Kill the Water Cooler?
- New York Times: Tail is Wagging the Internet Dog
- Wall Street Journal: Can the Long Tail Wag the Dog?
- Guardian (UK): The Story of The Long Tail, and Welcome to the Age of the Aggregators
- The Observer (UK): Is Infinite Choice Too Much of a Good Thing?
A bunch of reviews, including:
- The Wall Street Journal: A Nichefied Mediaquake
- USA Today: Long Tail Hypes Future of Niches (A positive review, actually, despite the headline)
- The Economist: What the Long Tail Will Do
- Business Week: Who Needs Blockbusters?
- The New Yorker: Going Long
- Miami Herald: No Hits? No Problem. Just Sell `Everything Else' ($ archive)
Some great blog posts and reviews, including:
- Anil Dash: Long Tail in the House!
- Steven Johnson: Review (makes the excellent point that increased niche-to-niche communications means a richer, more complex culture)
- A Copyfighter's Musings: The Long Tail, now in Book Form
- Burning Light of Reason: Review
At some point I'll collate all the press and reviews into one list, but there's lots to do today. The book is at #24 right now on Amazon--please spread the word and help me take it into the top ten! I could live the irony of my book on niches becoming a hit, at least for a day or two.